Designed by Leo Chang the KD VI is going to hit the market with a head of steam. Inspired by the craftsmanship of a premium precision watch the KD VI is very detail oriented and fine tuned for performance on the hardwood.
Look for the KD VI to have the following details :
- Ultra-thin two layer upper with Flywire for lockdown support
- An optical illusion logo on the tongue revealing “35” and “6” in a negative space
- Radial brushed texture marks on the midsole, KD logo and Nike Swoosh
- A Multi-layered hexagon traction pattern
Along with the visual changes to this addition, the KD VI will floss some performance innovation as well. We understand that one of Kobe’s drastic change to a low top was his need for high speed lateral movement and this is the same need that KD had and as you can see this model has a similar look and lacing system found in a soccer boot.
Look for the KD VI to have the following performance benefits:
- New tongue construction for superior fit
- Hyperfuse construction for comfort and breathability
- Nike Zoom in the forefoot for responsive cushining
- Max Air unit in the heel for maximum impact protection
- Data-informed traction pattern for non-slip control
UPCOMING KD VI COLORWAYS
KD VI D.C. Preheat: The upper features a map of Washington, D.C., overlayed with a white graphic pattern inspired by machining lines of a wristwatch, all in a bold, bright color pattern. This shoe pays tribute to Durant’s hometown roots. Launch: June 29.
KD VI Meteorology: If Durant was not playing basketball, his dream occupation would be tracking weather as a meteorologist. Atomic red, olive and black are featured in a custom graphic mimicking Doppler radar mapping. Launch: Aug. 3.
KD VI NYC 66: When Durant scorched the Harlem blacktop and scored 66 points on Aug. 2, 2011, the world took notice. Despite the lockout, basketball didn’t stop for a 22-year-old Durant who’d play anyone at anytime. Launch: Aug. 17.
KD VI Bamboo: The power of nature and patience comes to life in Chinese bamboo. Typically after four consecutive years of delicate care, bamboo undergoes a transformation in its fifth year. This story parallels the growth of Durant’s game this past season, his fifth in the league. This special green shoe debuts during a summer when Durant will visit China. Launch: Sept. 14.